CAFE seeks proposals for strategic planning aid
CAFE is embarking on a new strategic plan for 2019-2024. The current plan is set to end in 2018.
The organization is seeking consultant services for the development of a five-year strategic plan based on the needs of stakeholders in the Canadian Fair Industry, including (but not limited to) fairs, exhibitions, agricultural societies, service members, and provincial associations.
The CAFE Board is seeking a consultant to lead the board and staff through the process of developing a five-year strategic plan. The plan will articulate CAFE’s vision/ mission and include the goals, objectives and actions steps that will guide the organization for the next five years. It will include a strategy for moving forward during times of growth.
Some of the questions we want to address are as follows:
- What should be CAFE’s areas of strategic focus?
- How can we continue to add value for our members?
- What programming is considered essential (to both members and non-members)? What partnerships can/should be developed?
- What services can be delivered more efficiently and more economically? Are there new areas of programming that should be considered?
- How will funding priorities be set? Budget cuts determined?
- Are there new funding opportunities and/or new funding streams?
- How can we engage more members?
We want the process to include staff, board members, community, and industry.
The consultant will work with a committee, made up of members of the Board and the Executive Director, on the details of the strategic planning process, schedule of activities, and selection of background information.
The full proposal is available here. Deadline to submit is January 5, 2018.
For more information:
Christina Franc, Executive Director
Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions